Thursday 18 March 2010

The Pain of Being Lonely

Last night wandering the streets searching for fun, and no violent encounters, Hot Baby Roy and me were swigging from the old bottle of Bushmills. He was sheepishly talking himself into enjoying the night out and the whiskey helped.

"I suppose we're the last of the Irish Rovers?" he said, then it was my turn to stare embarrased at something else.

"No, the Irish Rover was a ship, not cool guys on the town."

"Fuck this, I'm just not cut out for Feniandom," he said half turning to go home.

"Come on Hot Baby Roy, we're going to get laid."

"Why tonight? Of all nights? Why will this night be any different from the rest of my life," he started screaming.

I didn't want to push it so I told him we could go home. He calmed down a bit by the time we reached our street, where we bumped into Rock and Roll Stephen and The Indie Kid, they told us that they were heading to a cool party with lots of Rock and Roll. Rock and Roll Stephen was all happy because he was saying that he was getting new teeth tomorrow. He had to wait because tonight they might get punched in because he was trying to steal another guy's girl.

Hot Baby Roy's ears pricked up at this and he asked Rock and Roll Stephen how to get a sweetheart for himself.

Rock and Roll Stephen laughed and said if you watch me you'll learn.

Hot Baby Roy started to cry. We made our excuses and went in the house. When Hot Baby Roy stopped crying he said that he's going to break Rock and Roll Stephen's new teeth when they're in for laughing at Hot Baby Roy's loveless, fuckless life.

I'll help.