Friday 19 March 2010

Anyone Lose a Mix-CD?

Out walking Battle Cat today I came across a CD lying on the ground. It had a wee message wrote on it, so I took it home and tried to play it. I'm enjoying some (most) of the tracks now. Here's a track by track account from what I've been able to track down of the songs:

Tracks 1:

For some shitty reason this only played the first few bars and skipped like an eight year old who can salt, vinegar, mustard, pepper better than anyone else in her school.

Track 2: Fearful - Rancid and The Specials


Track 3: Swim Until You Can't See Land - Frightened Rabbit


Track 4: Super Trooper - Camera Obscura


Track 5: Cosmia - Joanna Newsom


Track 6: Night Falls Like a Grand Piano - The 6ths



Track 7: Taken By Trees - My Boys


Track 8: Cool It Down - The Velvet Underground


Track 9: I don't know what this is. It has this really cool bit in the middle where the girls voice goes all high pitched like a cat. It has something about It's too soon.

Track 10: Don't know this either. It's accoustic and slow and about getting tickets for the band. There's something in it about paint it black by the rolling stones.

Track 11: City and Colour - Off By Heart


Track 12: This is an instrumental, slow, kind of waltzy. Pretty cool.

Track 13: This is some slow jazzy tune with an accoustic guitar and a trumpet. Pretty cool too.

My guess it this CD was made by some wee lad for some girl he was totally crushing on. I hope she didn't throw it here after laughing at it with her friends.

If anyone reading this has lost it then you can have it back if you tell me what was written on it. Also if anyone can tell me the name of the other tracks that's be cool.