Monday 29 March 2010

Shitty Weather Makes Some People Happy

Today as I was walking down through Botanic Avenue in the shitty weather I saw a pretty girl walking along with an umberella, she was telling the big guy with her about how as a kid she used to want to always wear her wellies and umberella even when it wasn't raining. And that her parents wouldn't let her unless it rained so she always hoped she'd wake up in the morning and find it was rainy.

It made me feel good that sometimes there are things you don't like and don't want but that some people look forward to them, not because they piss you off but because they like them, and that the fact they like them shows that there is something good about them and you can at least learn to tollerate them.

I'd like to meet some people on the dole who like it, just in case some of their good cheer can rub off on me, because I think I need it.

I also think some of you who read my blog in shitty office blocks might appreciate the tetris widget I put on the side.