Tuesday 16 June 2009

NI Soul Troop EP Launch

So I've known that Fabian Wildman leaving was on the cards so I decided to take him out for a wild party night out. We went to the Black Box on Sunday where there was an 8 piece band playing called NI Soul Troop. It was cool as fuck. I danced like a wild mutherfucker and so did Fabian Wildman (maybe that's how he got his last name).

There was this cool guy who had a military jacket on singing and playing an old cool fifties guitar. His singing was a bit like Van Morrison. Then there was this girl beside him and she did lots of cool singing too. There was a cool guy on sax and another cool guy on trumpet. They played all these cool bits that made me shake my arse til it near came off and went flying over the bar and hit the barman in the face (but it didn't) and a big dude on bass who was rockin out beside the drummer and the other guitarist and this funky dude on keyboards. The whole fucking band rocked the place.

They did a competition for the best dancer and I thought I was sure to win it but this dude with a mowhawk won it instead. I was a bit jealous but he did some slinky moves so fair play to him. I was especially gutted because the prize was a copy of their EP. In the end I went and bought one. It was the first CD I've bought in ages. I've gotten into the bad habit now of just lifting them from shops but it's not right to steal off bands when they're starting out. I'm glad I bought the CD because when Fabian Wildman moves out I can play it and think about all the good times we had together.