Monday 18 January 2010

Morning in Belfast

Something about being sick makes me appreciate the ability to get out and stay out of the house. I went the long walk to work this morning and had a dander down Botanic Avenue. I went into the new French cafe, where the hippy shop used to be.

Pretty nice menu, you can't go far wrong with a pancake stack, maple syrup and a big mug of coffee, yummy scrummy.

Old man on Botanic Ave wandering around picking up scraps of paper, and throwing them back down again. Wonder if he thought they were cash, there is a recession I suppose.

Standing at the bus stop opposite The Empire a young man in a tracksuit couldn't keep his hands from down the front of his trousers, maybe he has his wallet down there.

Man on the bus kept doing a Jim McDonald and saying "so it is," all while he sat and shot out random sentences about "that's not how it is," and "you can't expect that for minimum wage". In fairness he seemed to be preparing a conversation he was actually going to (or wanting to) have with his boss rather than just randomly talking to himself.

Went into Waterstones to shoplift but couldn't find a book I wanted. Catcher in the Rye was pure class. I really want to get into this reading thing, any recommendations?

In work I was told that I had to have a back to work interview, it's tomorrow. Never had one of them before. Hope it's not a formality for getting fired.