Wednesday 20 January 2010

Back To Work

A back to work interview is a weird thing. It's a formality and it's as scripted as the shit we go over on the telephone. It's a lot like having a conversation with an uninformed Mr.Spock.

London Girl sat and asked me what was wrong.

I told her I was ill, in bed fever,puking and the one that makes most people stop asking questions, diarrhea. It didn't feel like flu but we put it down as flu.

I only missed four days of work, so I didn't need a doctors note, I had phoned in before work started so I had followed procedure. All this aside, London Girl tried to barge on with a big grin and the words, "Absenteeism is unnacceptable." This was meant to be something she had to say and to be fair I think the just wanted to get it out and leave it there but I was pissed off so I started asking her what about the time she was snowed in and couldn't come to work.

She said that was different because she couldn't leave the house. I told her I couldn't leave me room and she started this pishy crap about how I could have sat at the desks and answered phones and all that balls. I said that I had no intention of soiling myself with diarrhea in front of the rest of the staff and that to expect me to do so was inhumane.

I think I made my point but I've a sneaking suspicion she won't forget it to me.