Sunday 1 February 2009

My Drug Buddy

Since I'm giving up crack I thought I'd share some of my druggie memories with you.

One of my first drug experiences was taking dope when I was sixteen. I went round to my friend's house when his parents were away on holiday. We were drinking Thunderbirds when he pulled out a joint he'd pre-rolled. I didn't believe it was real but after smoking it I started to feel all sleepy and giggly.

While we were talking balls about things we could do, just stupid stuff to make each other laugh, he suggested trying on his mum's clothes. His mum was a really fat lady and to be honest two of us could have fitted into one of her dresses.

I thought it was funny but a bit weird so I said no. He told me he'd give me a fiver if I did it so I said yes.

He got this big flowery number she wore to special events (giro day). He put one on too, even though there was no money on the table for him.

We were clowning around in his mums dresses when suddenly he tried to kiss me on the lips. I jolted back in shock, it was totally unexpected.

He said he was scared I'd tell people and that he wanted me to tell him that I wouldn't. He looked really threatening and had an empty glass in his hand. I thought he'd use it as a weapon.

I threw the dress off me and grabbed my clothes and legged it. He ran after me screaming what would happen if I told anyone about him, but he had to stop at the front door. It scared the shit out of me. I was so shocked that I forgot to get my fiver. We had just finished secondary school and I never saw him again.

Last I'd heard he'd come out, and I felt glad for him because I remember how worried he was that someone would find out. Poor guy.

I didn't smoke dope for over a year after that, and filled in by sniffing felt tips and licking pritsticks.