Saturday 7 February 2009

Happy Families

I missed Battle Cat's first snow. When it snowed really heavily on Thursday that was the first time it lay since I got him. Fabian Wildman took him for a walk that day. I was gutted when Fabian told me the story. It was pretty funny. He was a bit spooked by it at first and kept growling at it and was feared to put his foot down on it (this was when it was starting to lay). But once he caught on it didn't harm him he was woofing and rolling around in it like a good one. Fabian didn't keep him out in it too long because he's still a pup and he didn't want him catching a cold.

Fabian Wildman spends more time with him than I do, so I'm starting from today being a better owner. I've also got to give a shout out to Fabian for being such a good housemate, and to think I thought once that Fabian would steal him and sell him for crack. So my apologies to you too mate.

I took Battle Cat out yesterday and I was hoping we could build a snowman together but all the snow had frozen to ice so we just skidded about the place before going home to heat up in front of the fire. I got a nice half bottle of whiskey on the way home and sat and had hot whiskeys with Fabian while Battle Cat sat and chewed on his plastic bone.