Wednesday 24 December 2008

A New Housemate

I came home to find Fabian Wildman in tears. He wouldn't say what it was at first but I eventually coaxed it out of him.

"I've been done for shoplifting," he said.
"Shit sorry to hear that mate," I said.
"I was getting you and Battle Cat presents at the time," he said. "I wanted to say thanks, because you've been really nice letting me stay."
"Don't worry about the presents it's okay really."
"I don't like sponging off you, I'll be gone tonight."
"No don't go," I said. "You're welcome here. We like having you."
"Really?" he said stopping crying.
"Sure, listen, in the new year go down the dole and get them to change your address to here, you can stay for good."
"That's great," he said smiling. It was nice to see him happy. I'm glad I'm not on my own. We've a nice wee gang me, Fabian and Battle Cat, and to be honest I wouldn't mind it getting bigger.
"What address did you give the cops?" I asked him.
"My old flat with The Death Owl," he said.
"Great, now the cops won't know the right address to send your summons to, you might get away with it."