Saturday 13 December 2008

Teaching a puppy to fetch

Fabian Wildman and me sat up all night with Battlecat in the livingroom. There was nothing happening next door and when the sun came up after eight we were both well relieved that everything had passed off peacefully. Then we turned on the tv to see a report about there was something special about the full moon that night. We felt like dicks for getting the date wrong (well it was my fault really but Fabian Wildman felt wick too).

We decided that we'd just sit up through tonight as well. We'd both done it loads of times partying but a two day stretch just sitting round the house is pretty hard to do.

We spooned loads of coffee in us (because drinking loads of it gives me the shits) and sat playing Jack Change It.

I took Battle Cat out for a walk at around 2; I got down to the Lagan Meadows with Battle Cat and lost track of time. I let him off the lead and tried to teach him how to fetch. It took him a wee while but by the time we left he'd got the hang of it. It was dark by the time we got back to the house.

When we got in the house Fabian was cowering down the back of the couch with a bottle of petrol and a lighter.

"You won't get me, my time is not nigh," he wailed.

"Fuck sake, Fabian it's Tuesday Kid and Battle Cat," I said. He just looked up at me with big tear stained cheeks and stammered something about virgins and biscuits, then he let a big scream out of him.

I had to wrestle the lighter and petrol off him. I managed to get him into the kitchen and get a cup of tea into him.

It took him a wee bit to remember who we were. I had to remind him about all the times we smoked crack. Poor guy. I sent him up to bed and sat down with Battle Cat to wait.

I sat and told Battle Cat all about how I'd bought him to eat The Death Owl but for now all I wanted was for him to enjoy being a puppy.

I woke up at 6am to him licking my face; he had pissed on my leg.