Tuesday 27 January 2009

So Cold in Belfast

Our boiler stopped working yesterday. I called our Landlord about it ready to rant at him because the guys he keeps getting to fix it are cowboys. The only thing that stopped me was Margo, Margo sounds exactly like her from the Good Life, except with a west Belfast accent. I think she's from Andytown. Anyway, if the landlord says something will be fixed on Monday it will not. It may be fixed by Wednesday, but it'll more likely be Thursday and even then it'll break on Friday. For some reason if Margo says something will be fixed by Monday it will.

I haven't managed to get Margo on the phone for the past few months so it was really good to get speaking to her today. She always has a good speak for me and after she asked if I'd any more trouble with my bath (see sometime last year) I ended up blurting out all about Hooka. I started blubbing away, saying that it was awful living beside her and Fat Rab and asked if they were tenants and if they were could she have them evicted because they killed a goat at Hallowe'en and she broke my heart last week.

It was hard to keep it in about all that other stuff like begging and fighting and Battle Cat because those things are big no nos (especially pets). It's just that, much as he means well, Fabian Wildman is always telling me I'll get over her and that I need to cheer up but I really just want someone to say that it's okay to be down about it and listen to me offload. I'm not sure Margo was the best person because after I'd finished crying there was a big silence and she went:

"okay I'll get your boiler fixed by Thursday."

Then she hung up.

I hope we don't get kicked out.