Thursday 29 January 2009

Satanists 1 Crackhead 0

Hooka called round my house this morning.

She asked if she could come in. I wouldn't have invited her otherwise. We went into the kitchen and I offered her a cup of coffee. She asked for tea.

We sat and I let her speak first.

"I'm sorry I didn't come and meet you yesterday," she said.

I shrugged.

"Listen Tuesday Kid I like you but I'm with Fat Rab and I don't want to leave him."

"But he's a satanist," I said, wondering what the fuck she's doing with him.

"And you're a crack addict. You think it makes you cool? Like you're Pete Doherty or something?"

"No I don't and what do you think Fat Rab's like? Marylin Manson with a bear gut and a fucked up face?"

"Marylin Manson has a fucked up face," she said. "Just be my friend, please?"

I just shrugged. "I suppose it wouldn't be fair on Gobbolino and Battle Cat."

She smiled, but it wasn't the smile I was looking for.