Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentines Day and No Cards.

Valentines Day on a Sunday isn't so bad because you can say you got no cards because there's no Sunday post. But we all know if we were going to get any they would have come yesterday. None of us are speaking in my house but I know that Hot Baby Roy and Wino Jo were up particularly early yesterday and both looked really upset last night at having got no cards.

Me I'm not so bothered, there's no one I really wanted to get one from so until I have a proper sweetheart these heart throb points aren't worth collecting.

I walked down the Lagan tow path out by Central Station yesterday and bumped into Rock and Roll Stephen sitting beside it weeping. I feel really sorry for him now that he's got a big gummy face. He had a big red face from crying and he was saying that he's no longer the rock and roll pretty boy of Belfast and he hated it. He had no Valentines this year and it was so embarrassing because he'd booked a photographer to come and take pictures of him playing his guitar surrounded by the Valentines and the girls who'd sent them.

I offered him a hug but he refused I think it was more to do with how Battle Cat was snarling and barking at him from the moment we met. I think Battle Cat can sense Rock and Roll Stephen's less likable qualities but without his teeth and rock and roll heart throb status he might be undergoing a change towards a more admirable disposition.

Rock and Roll Stephen did offer all us cardless unloved types a bit of consolation, he said that girls aren't buying so many cards because of the recession and that they're showing their love in different ways, like laughing at you.

It's something to cling to.