Thursday 7 May 2009

How Do You Like Your Eggs In The Morning?

So I came downstairs this morning to find that there were no eggs in the fridge. This meant Betty Blue was round. I realised I hadn't seen her in a while.

Fabian came down the stairs in a crappy tracksuit looking gleeful.

"Me and Betty Blue are back on!" he said excitedly.

To be honest I didn't know they were off. I'd been so caught up with the Sweaty Metal band I hadn't noticed. Then I remembered him sitting crying in the livingroom about a month ago. Poor guy, I'm glad they're back together.

"That's great Fabian Wildman," I say "She's pretty cool."

This isn't strictly true, I've barely had a conversation with her but she makes Fabian happy when she's around, so I want to say something nice.

"Yeah, she was going out with some muso dick called Peace Man (oops!) for a few weeks. But that's over, I was acting like a prick anyway. Going over all that nasty shit about foreigners. Sorry if I said it to you I was just pissed off with my shit job, then losing my shit job. I thought it was all about the respectability of having a job until I realised that having a shit one was destroying my self respect. Fuck that. Anyways, gotta go buy some eggs."

He licks his lips greedily at this. He can see from my face that I didn't really get what he was saying. He goes into the living room and sticks on this song.

"This is what I was trying to say. These guys say it better."