Friday 31 October 2008

I got a call from my brother today (not the fruitarian one, I have four in total). He is a metal-head and was telling me all about Heavy Metal. He says Rod Stewart and Phil Collins aren't heavy metal but I think that's balls. He's a nice guy though so I don't see why he'd take the piss.

Then almost as soon as I'd hung up the phone Hooka arrived at my front door to invite me to her Hallowe'en party. I didn't really feel like it because all that Satanism weirds me out but she said it was just going to be fun and games, no occult stuff so I said yes.

I didn't have anything to wear so she came up town with me to help me buy stuff. I decided to go as a Warlock in the end. I got a big silver beard and a blue cape. I also bought a wand out of the jokeshop on Botanic. We were walking up the street with it pretending to hex or charm people depending on what we thought they deserved. We'd only gotten as far as Molly's Yard when it stopped making the cool spell sound.

We took it back to the shop but the guy refused to let us change it for a good one.

"You bought it as you saw it," the guy said with a shrug.
"You better change this for us, or I'll come back here with a real one," Hooka threatened him.

She looked a bit scary, standing there shaking it at him with her big wild eyes and frizzy blonde hair.

He quietly and quickly got us a new one. Hooka's pretty cool, even if she's a wee bit scary.

Hope the party is cool fun.