Sunday 8 August 2010

Talking about Grunge with the Punchbowl Girl

So you probably want to know about what happened when me and The Punchbowl Girl went for drinks after work. It started off in Katy Daly's downing a few pints. The Punchbowl Girl wanted to go to the Ormeau Baths to look at some art and be like Betty Blue, she said that she is going to start reading books and that after Betty Blue finishes her book she'll borrow it from her.

I don't mean to make her sound as bad as all that because I'm picking up on the silly stuff she said because she talked for ages about how her big brother was into grunge and now he doesn't live at home she has all his grunge CDs, even though she put them all on her computer and doesn't touch them except to look at pictures of them all with their cool grunge hair and grunge clothes.

                                                   Grungers

I don't have grunge clothes (cardigans and ripped jeans) or cool grunge hair (long and greasy). I never talk about getting haircuts on here because I tend to just go in and ask for something that looks good, that or I used to bic it.

The Punchbowl Girl was talking away about some TV show she watches (an updated Sherlock Holmes - I haven't seen it) and I noticed her accent sounded a bit American.

"So did you used to live in the states?" I asked.

"No, I've lived in South Belfast all my life."

"So you watch a lot of American TV then?"

She stopped talking and her face went red. I didn't mean to put my foot in it but it was going to happen at some point. We went after that drink.