Tuesday 24 August 2010

I put my foot in my mouth again

The Punchbowl Girl was in work today (she wasn't in yesterday). She didn't sit beside me. She sat on the other side of the room. I thought I'd better have it out with her.

At break I asked her if I could have a word and me and her went out into the corridor.

"So is there something up?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"It's just you've been acting distant since last week. What happened to us having sex and fun?"

"I never said we'd stopped it."

"Oh, so is everything okay with us?"

"What do you mean us? I thought you wanted my number so you could ask me out? But you didn't."

"Do you want to go to cheapo Tuesday's at the cinema this evening?"

"Forget it," she said walking away.

At the time I didn't know what I'd done but now reading it back as I type I realised I was an asshole. Anyone any good date suggestions in Belfast? I don't mind splashing the cash, especially because I think she thinks I think she's a cheap date.