Thursday 5 August 2010

She's not Dead but she is Punk Rock

She's okay. The Punchbowl Girl is in work and I've just had a chat with her all about how I remembered her now from that party last year and how was she doing. She said she was good and that she had been having a bad day that day. She was talking about how cool Betty Blue was and I was glad Betty Blue couldn't hear her because she was really gushing. Then she said that after work today she was going to get drunk because it was the weekend. I told her that tomorrow was Friday and that was the start of the weekend.

"Not if you're taking friday off," she shrugged.

She has a point. I hope she's not one of those people who never had the balls to mooch off school and she's going to fuck her adult life up by trying to make up for how badass she wasn't at school.

I asked her if she still liked grunge bands and she said yes, she was Punk Rock! Indie was shite. Then she started singing some cool grunge song a bit loudly in the canteen in a way that made me think she wanted people to hear it and deem her cool but the looks on their faces said otherwise. Fuck them. I'm punk rock too!