Tuesday 24 November 2009

Lemon Bonbons and the Secret of New Moon Cinema

I was in work huffing and stuffing my face with lemon bonbons when Little My asked if she could have one because she thought they tasted so nice.

"Ha! No!" I said shoving four into my mouth at once.

"Why are you being nasty?" she said.

"I didn't start it," I said.

"Tuesday Kid, are you annoyed that you didn't get to go and see New Moon with us?"

"No way," I spat, but a tear rolled down my cheek and gave the game away.

"It is that. We'd have invited you but it was a spur of the moment thing, we were all at the pub after work, and you'd hurried home to see your dog, we all said it was a shame that no one had your number. We even had book boy try to use his big brain to work it out but no luck. Please be friends. If you won't be it's just mean."

"I suppose," I said pushing the bag of lemon bonbons towards her.

"Thanks," she said. "We all thought you seemed a bit hurt yesterday so we'd a wee chat, and keep this a secret, but we're all chipping in when we get our first wage packet to get you a skateboard."

I beemed a big smile and said this was class. I always wanted to be a skateboard dude and I couldn't wait.

I gave her another bonbon and told her to pass them round, among the friends.