Tuesday 20 October 2009

Another Job Interview

My day with my protege really helped me yesterday.

I realised that I had to accept who I was and if other people had a problem with it screw them. What's important is that I'm okay with being me.

I thought about this all the way to my interview and I thought that when they asked me what I'd done I'd just say:

"Listen, I used to smoke crack, but now I don't. If any of you have a problem with that then you deal with it. I'm just setting out on my journey and I'm gonna screw up from time to time. If you don't like it then I'll screw your ma, wife and any legal age female offspring you might have."

I felt great. I felt okay being me.

In the interview when they asked me that question it was like a wake up call. That answer would get me nowhere.

"I've been travelling in foreign countries, very far away. There's no way they'd answer the phone to you."

They asked me where and I just rhymed off a load of names I wasn't sure if they were places I'd made up or places from films.

They looked pleased. Maybe I gave them a good laugh. They'd better give me the job. If they were just laughing at me they're getting broken windows and a fucked family.